« back to job listings
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
Are you a bold leader? Do you thrive in the outdoors? Are you ready to lead and coach a dedicated teams to reach organizational goals? Bring your leadership skills to REI and help us strengthen our co-op by promoting the REI culture within the co-op and evangelizing our brand to our external customers. We pride ourselves on living our values and we look to our store leadership teams to deliver on that promise.
The Bike & Snow Shop Service Manager [SSM] is a key member of the retail store leadership team. The SSM directly supervises the shop team and drives the shop program to deliver a best-in-class shop customer experience and is responsible for delivering shop business results and achieving service goals. This role is directly responsible for building and leading the shop team, shop production management, shop facilities management, and shop workforce management [hiring, training, coaching, recognition, and performance management].The SSM partners closely with the Store Manager and regional Shop Coordinator to develop and deploy store level shop strategy and tactics.
- Partners with Store Manager to build accountability for driving business objectives of employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and promoting co-op membership through strong ownership of leading the customer and employee experiences.
- Proactively recruit and hire a diverse, technical workforce and ensure an inclusive environment for shop employees.
- Train, certify and build an engaged team of technicians to carry out shop service functions and provide excellent customer service.
- Coordinate production and manage throughput of shop work to meet customer demand and REI expectations.
- Skillful in understanding and applying prescriptive and adaptive leadership to meet the needs of both employee and customer experience
- Identify and implement ways to improve the shop customer experience and shop workflow by continuously increasing productivity while maintaining or improving quality.
- Partner closely with the Store Manager and regional Shop Coordinator to develop and deploy store level shop strategy
- Act as liaison between member/customer, store team, REI headquarters and manufacturers on resolving highest-level service and repair problems.
- Ensure shop equipment is maintained, organized and accessible for safe and reliable operation.
- Drive awareness of REI’s shop program through community engagement.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 3+ years of successful retail management experience.
- Successful completion of required training/certifications in role.
- 2-4 years previous bike and/or snowsports shop experience or equivalent/transferrable skills
- Demonstrate dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, train, motivate, and develop future leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to set standards and hold team members accountable.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer experience.
- Ability to understand and drive shop KPIs through strategy deployment, employee training, employee engagement and customer experience.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and leading from the front.
REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. Join us.
« back to job listings