« back to job listings
Serious Cycles is looking for a bicycle mechanic with experience working in a bike mechanic role in a professional retail bicycle shop. In this role you will work on entry level & high end product, both in new builds as well as repairs. We are looking for a full time year round bicycle mechanic for this position. Position will consist of bicycle mechanic work and limited retail floor sales.
Work Order Completion
* Complete work order tickets from the work order queue in POS on time and maintain the 48 hour turnaround time.
* All service shop tune-up packages from basic to comprehensive.
* Ala carte services per service menu including but not limited to; Cable and housing replacement; Adjust/repair derailleur's; Adjust/repair brakes; Replace/repair shifters; Replace chain, cassette, bar tape/grips; Wheel true and dish; Wheel builds; Overhaul suspension; Drivetrain cleaning; Disc brake and dropper post service.
* Inspect and assess frame and components for damage or replacement.
* Communicate with customers regarding timing of work order completion and/or modifications to quote based upon inspection.
Service Department Duties
*Complete all Daily Repairs Efficiently and Accurately
* On the spot repairs as needed to keep customers on their bikes.
* Schedule and complete bike builds to keep the sales floor stocked with all in line bike models.
* Keep the service department clean and organized, and ensure that each work station is complete with all tools needed to perform work orders.
Sales Department Duties
* Interact with and provide great customer service with customers both on the phone and in person.
* Greet all customers promptly and courteously as they enter the store.
* Increase the customer base by adding new customers to the mailing list.
* Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude always.
* Understand the Serious Cycles Retail Philosophy and use this philosophy in all customer interaction.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
* It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
* Complete all required employee training.
* Participate in the training of fellow employees, including New Hire Training and ongoing product, service, and environmental training.
* Be proactive in your ongoing education regarding the company, weekly reports, products, and the bicycle business.
* Take advantage of additional training opportunities that are offered.
Working Environment/Minimum Physical Requirements: You must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Position requires standing up to 8 hours per shift, bending, leaning and kneeling on a regular basis during a shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in order to perform essential functions. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and stressful situations. Must be able to work in an environment where climate constantly changes.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties if requested by the immediate supervisor or other management staff. This position description is not a written or an implied contract. It will be reviewed periodically and may be revised if deemed necessary.
Pay will be discussed during interview.
If you think you'd be a good addition to our team, drop of a resume in person or email to: Serious [email protected]
Serious Cycles 265 State Rd. Plymouth MA 02360 508 746 2756
« back to job listings