« back to job listings
About Bike Share Pittsburgh
Bike Share Pittsburgh is a nonprofit organization that operates Pittsburgh's station-based electric bike share program, POGOH. POGOH pedal and e-assist bikes are available 24/7 at stations across Pittsburgh. Our staff is dedicated to making bike share the best mobility option for Pittsburgh. Bike Share Pittsburgh is driven by our mission to provide a joyful, sustainable, and affordable mobility service for all residents and visitors.
Bike Share Pittsburgh Working Conditions
Bike Share Pittsburgh has a shared open office space located near the Doughboy statue on Penn Avenue in the Strip District. We have a mix of folks working remotely, in-person, or hybrid schedules depending on job requirements. Our staff is small, so each role at Bike Share Pittsburgh requires focus, hard work, and (most importantly) teamwork to provide our customers with a joyful experience riding bikes. We all take pride in POGOH. In our downtime, we ride bikes and spend time supporting others in our community.
Bike Share Pittsburgh seeks an experienced Fleet Manager to help manage our POGOH pedal and e-assist bikes. A fleet manager works to ensure the fleet of POGOH bicycles is safe, clean, and functional for our customers. This includes managing fleet maintenance, shop productivity, inventory, bike mechanic training, advanced repairs such as wheel building, electrical troubleshooting, and more. The fleet manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Folks who enjoy this role are commonly detail-oriented, organized, and are decision-makers dedicated to troubleshooting and solving problems.
A fleet manager at POGOH must have a positive attitude, mechanical aptitude, and work well on a team. They are able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and are able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events. On-the-job training in bike share specific components and systems will be provided.
Bike Share Pittsburgh embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!
- Lead a small team of mechanics
- Establish protocols, monitor progress, and report on successes of fleet-wide upgrades and fixes
- Train mechanics on proper use of tools and lubricants
- Manage inventory: execute a twice annual inventory, organize and label parts and tools, communicate to staff inventory threats or changes
- Ensure quality control for repairs
- Manage preventative maintenance and cleaning strategies
- Communicate effectively with external vendors and other internal teams
- Maintain accurate and detailed service records
- Report on mechanic team performance metrics
- Perform all duties of a bike mechanic, including
- Identify problems and make repairs to braking, shifting, electronic, drivetrain, and all bicycle systems
- Determine if components do not work, are loose, have been tampered with, or broken
- Adhere to all Pittsburgh Bike Share protocols and procedures
- Foster a positive, welcoming, and inclusive work environment
- Occasionally participate in public facing events, promotions, public pop-up bike checks and other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years bicycle mechanic experience
- Competent in asset management software platforms or inventory tools
- Fast learner
- A positive attitude
- Ability to lead a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Commitment to organizational efforts to foster respect, dignity, fairness, caring, equality, and self-esteem for all individuals
- A love of bicycles and people!
- Frequently bend, stoop, and twist throughout the day
- Requires the ability to regularly lift objects up to 80+ lbs
- Requires the ability to work while standing for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance in accordance with company policy
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary starting at $48,000
- 85% covered medical, vision and dental insurance options for yourself and your dependents
- Free life insurance
- 401k with up to 3% employer match
- 3 weeks of PTO + 11 company holidays per year
- Free, unlimited bike share membership
- Dog-friendly office
- Staff building events
- Quarterly staff outings
- Access to wholesale bicycle parts
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid Breaks
- Discounted Ascend Gym Membership
- Relocation stipend available for candidates outside of the Pittsburgh region
« back to job listings