« back to job listings
What's cool about this job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
Want to work on building and assembling REI equipment on a daily basis? The Bike & Snow Shop Mechanic is a key member of the retail store Shop team. This job contributes to REI’s success by assembling, servicing, and repairing bikes and/or snow sports equipment to REI and manufacturer standards. The shop mechanic delivers exceptional services to customers both in the shop and on the retail floor. This job may include working in the rental department. Primary responsibilities of what you would do:
- Execute shop services meeting or exceeding expectations for quality and safety standards. Assemble, service and repair action sports equipment to REI and/or manufacturer standards.
- Give exceptional customer service by assessing customer needs, checking in and out shop and rental equipment
- Promote the sale of REI goods and services and engage in the steps of REI’s Sales and Service Training.
- Report significant quality and safety issues
- Help with maintaining equipment and ensure a clean, secure and safe work environment.
- Support the team’s achievement of key goals through personal contribution.
- Promote the benefits of REI Membership.
Bring your passion and expertise
You live and breathe REI equipment. You’re a builder. You’re a safety maven. The Bike and Ski Shop Mechanic is a critical role in the retail stores. Primary responsibilities include: assembly, repairs, and maintenance of bikes and snow sports equipment to REI and vendor standards. You will deliver extraordinary service to customers both in the shop and on the retail floor. Customers interact with Mechanics to ensure their equipment is properly fitted and maintained for their outdoor adventures. Requirements of the Bike and Ski Shop Mechanic position include:
- Able to learn technical skills and demonstrate proficiency while in role.
- Successful completion of required training/certifications while in role.
- Commitment to outstanding customer experience.
- Previous snow sports equipment and/or bike assembly experience.
- Take part and collaborate with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Successful in working as part of a diverse and inclusive team. Builds rapport with all kinds of people within and outside the organization.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to transfer 40 pounds
REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. Join us.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
The pay for this role is: $17.02 - $18.93 per hour.
« back to job listings