« back to job listings
Bicycle Mechanic - Specialty bicycle shop in Anderson, SC.
We are a growing specialty bicycle retailer based in Anderson, SC that offers its employees a fun place to work, above average compensation for the area (depending on proven experience), and discounts for bikes parts and accessories. We are looking for someone who is a bike enthusiast and has a proven record of doing their job well – someone who is willing to dig in and get the job done. Our clientele is pretty diverse with customers who are buying their first starter bikes to customers who are buying high-end dream bikes. We support all cyclists regardless of background or income. Everyone is welcome here.
The Company: The Speedshop is a customer service-based retailer, and we take great pride in putting our clients first. We are known for the great care we take with our clients, their bikes, and our employees.
• Our shop likes to be involved in the community to support any bicycle or outdoor related events.
• We believe in being a service-oriented shop; we strive for client retention by providing quality bicycle repairs, trusted advice and guidance to help customers with upgrades and help selecting other parts and accessories to further each client’s needs in support of their cycling experience.
The Position: We are looking for Full and Part time Mechanics. The pay range is $8 to $20+ an hour (depending on proven experience).
• We offer full time and part time hours and a great place to work.
• Knowledge of Lightspeed POS
• 3+ years prior shop mechanic experience necessary/willing to train the right candidate.
• Have to love all things bicycles.
• Expert bicycle repair skills would be highly regarded.
• Experience with brake and suspension service highly regarded.
• Involvement with client thru the repair process
• Ensuring that the bicycle repair is done properly and in a timely manner.
• Communication with supervisor about shop inventory needs
• Communication: contact clients to give status updates for orders and repair services;
deliver respectful and prompt customer service to all.
• Employee management.
• Education: proactively educate yourself about new products, and industry trends.
The Location: The Speedshop is based in Anderson, SC. This is a great place to live because the cost of living is extremely reasonable (34% less than Denver, Colorado), you can ride your bike year-round, and some of the best mountain biking in the area is within half an hour of the shop.
Nationally known trails (DuPont, Pisgah National Forrest) are within an hour and a half. Skiing is available within 3 hours of Anderson, and you and can get to the ocean in 3-4 hours. Atlanta, GA is within 2 hours of Anderson.
Why Should You Apply?
• Full-time/part time position
• Great pay
• A great place to live.
• Joining a great team. Our people all love bikes and want the shop to grow and be successful.
• We support diversity and inclusion for all bike enthusiasts and treat everyone with
respect and dignity.
« back to job listings